This is our opportunity to meet you, gather necessary information from you and perform basic screening tests. You will be screened for the study you wish to take part in as we need to make sure you are eligible on a study by study basis. On average, a screening appointment lasts 2-4 hours. Screening requirements vary with each study.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Our medical team will explain the study and answer any questions you may have
- If you agree to take part, you’ll be asked to sign a consent form before any tests are done
- We’ll take a detailed medical history
- We’ll take blood and urine samples
- We’ll perform a drug test
- We may measure your blood pressure, pulse, ECG and physical exam