Binge Eating Disorder Clinical Trials
Binge eating disorder is a medical condition in which you cannot control how much you eat, no matter how full you feel. This can lead to feelings of embarrassment, shame and/or guilt. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you may be eligible for a no cost binge eating disorder clinical trial. To find out if a binge eating disorder clinical trial is enrolling near you select from one of our three locations below. Use the form to schedule a free appointment to meet with one of our professionals who will help you determine if a binge eating clinical trial is right for you.
FIND CURRENTLY ENROLLING BINGE EATING DISORDER CLINICAL TRIALS BY CLICKING ON A LOCATION NEAR YOU:
More About Binge Eating Disorder
The eating disorders anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder, and their variants, all feature serious disturbances in eating behavior and weight regulation. They are associated with a wide range of adverse psychological, physical, and social consequences. A person with an eating disorder may start out just eating smaller or larger amounts of food, but at some point, their urge to eat less or more spirals out of control. Severe distress or concern about body weight or shape, or extreme efforts to manage weight or food intake, also may characterize an eating disorder.
Eating disorders are real, treatable medical illnesses. They frequently coexist with other illnesses such as depression, substance abuse, or anxiety disorders and affect both genders.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- Frequent episodes of eating what others would consider an abnormally large amount of food
- Frequent feelings of being unable to control what or how much is being eaten
- Eating much more rapidly than usual
- Eating until uncomfortably full
- Eating large amounts of food, even when not physically hungry
- Eating alone out of embarrassment at the quantity of food being eaten
- Feelings of disgust, depression, or guilt after overeating
- Fluctuations in weight
- Feelings of low self-esteem
- Frequent dieting
- Disgust or self-hatred about eating behaviors